Admission to the Master's Degree Programs
Applicants for admission to any of the options of the department's master's degree programs (art education, art therapy or arts administration) must first be admitted to Florida State University. The FSU application can be completed and submitted electronically at http://admissions.fsu.edu/, followed by sending an application fee.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum of 3.0 grade point average
- Earn a a percentile ranking of 55% on the Verbal and 25% on the Quantitative portions of the GRE
- TOEFL for international students, minimum scores: 80 internet/213 computer
- Two official transcripts from each institution or university attended
- All applicants should have an undergraduate major related to art, art education, arts administration, or have thirty credited hours of art and/or art history course work. Deficiencies may be made up after acceptance into the program
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A 1,000 word biography that addresses career goals, interest in the field, professional or academic background, and rational for applying to the program
- Academic writing sample
- Art Therapy Only: Complete twelve hours of psychology prerequisites: Introduction or General Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Abnormal Psychology and Theories of Personality
- Art Therapy Only: An interview is required for admittance
- Art Therapy and Art Education Only: A Portfolio (CD or Flash Drive)
Applicants for the 5 year combined BA in Art/MS in Art Education program will begin this process as an undergraduate major in Art in the Department of Art. Please refer to the advisors associated with that program or you may contact Dr. Jeff Broome, advisor for the 5 year program in the Department of Art Education.