The Department of Art Education accepts up to one visiting scholar a year. International scholars who are interested in this opportunity must:
- Have a doctoral degree (preferred) or at least three years experience working as a professor.
- Have an appropriate and compelling reason to study at here.
- Solicit an invitation from the appropriate program director
- Work collaboratively with the program director sponsor to develop a mutually acceptable plan of study.
- Meet with faculty after arrival to present proposed course of study and do a public presentation of work before leaving.
- Have a strong command of English and pass a spoken English test required and administered by The Globe (FSU Center for Global and Multicultural Engagement).
- As necessary based on space restrictions, provide a personal laptop computer and be willing to work at a desk in the university library.
Please begin this process 6-12 months in advance.