Wen Guo is an Assistant Professor of Arts Administration in the Department of Art Education at Florida State University. She received her doctoral degree in Cultural Policy and Arts Administration from Ohio State University. She studies various topics in arts administration and cultural policy, including arts policy networks, entrepreneurship in the arts, and arts in community engagement. She served as a panel reviewer for the arts research grant of the National Endowment for the Arts. She currently serves as an editorial board member of the American Journal of Arts Management and a board member of the International Conference of Social Theory, Politics and the Arts. Her scholarly articles are published in Review of Policy Research, Cultural Trends, the Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society, Studies in Art Education, Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts, the American Journal of Arts Management, and more.
- Bachelors of Arts, International Journalism, Communication University of China
- Master of Arts, Arts Policy and Administration, The Ohio State University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Arts Administration, Education and Policy, The Ohio State University
Cultural policy, Arts Administration, Arts Entrepreneurship
Cultural policy networks, Entrepreneurial actions in the arts, Comparative cultural policy, Creative Placemaking
- Guo, W. (2023) Guo, W. (2023). Policy beliefs, policy learning, and risk perception: Exploring the formation of local creative placemaking‐catalyzed policy network. Review of Policy Research, 40(1), 153-175.
- Guo. W & Avaunt. C. (2022) Decoding Community Engagement in Dance with Systems Thinking in Research in Dance Education (Online First)
- Guo, W., & McGraw, D. J. (2022). The Arts Alumni Have Spoken: The Impact of Training in Higher Education on Entrepreneurial Careers. Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy
- Guo, W. (2022) Understanding NEA’s Network Governance Strategies through A Social Network Analysis of the Creative Placemaking National Initiative. Cultural Trends
- Guo, W. (2022). [Review of the book Creative Infrastructures: Artists, Money, and Entrepreneurial Action by Linda Essig]. Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts, 11(1).
- McLaughlin, J. E., Chen, E., Lake, D., Guo, W., Skywark, E. R., Chernik, A., & Liu, T. (2022). Design thinking teaching and learning in higher education: Experiences across four universities. Plos one, 17(3), e0265902.
- Casey Avaunt & Guo, W. (2021) Dance and Community Engagement in the Private Sector: An Empirical Study on the Current Trends and Challenges of Dance-Based Community Engagement Practices. Journal of Dance Education
- Guo, W. (2020) Introducing Creative Placemaking to Undergraduate Students through a Case Study. The American Journal of Arts Management, 8(2).
- Guo, W. & Wyszomirski, M. J. (2019) Arts entrepreneurship in China: Exploring the professional career development model for Chinese emerging Western classical musicians. Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society, 49(3), 188-202.
- Guo, W. (2017). The celebration of Ghosts: A postmodern theoretical framework of meaning- making in visual art education. Studies in Art Education, 58(3), 184-194.
- Mañjon, S. B., & Guo, W. (2015). Think tank: A collaborative approach to student learning, organizational assessment, and community-based arts. Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts, 4(2), 77-95.